Wholesale Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in becoming a stockist. Once you have read the information below and would like access to our wholesale website please use the wholesale enquiry form below.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
We do not have a minimum order requirement. However, we do ask that you place orders regularly or at least 5 times within a 12 month period. Your order can be made up of any products across our range. All ordering is placed through our wholesale website which you will be given access to once you become a stockist. All orders are placed and paid for in full online before shipment. We encourage stockists to place small orders regularly instead of huge orders once or twice a year. This aids in keeping stock available for other stockists and helps to keep stock at its best quality.
We do try to have only one stockist per location but depending on the situation we may consider more than one. We do think about this carefully and would take into consideration the proximity of the other stockist, how often they order etc.
Free shipping is included in your order for local Stockists between Emu Plains and Blackheath, NSW. Outside of this local area shipping is a flat rate $15. Orders placed outside of NSW will require a shipping quote. All goods must be paid for online through our wholesale order section before products are delivered.
Display and care of products
Calmare candles are made from soy wax which has a low melt point. Please display candles in a cool location away from heat and direct sunlight. Candles must be rotated on the shelf when new stock arrives. Soy wax does have a shelf life so it is important that old stock goes out before new stock. Soy wax expands in the jar with fluctuating temperatures and if left too long before being used the wax will expand to the point where the wicks are too small or no longer visible. It is the responsibility of the stockist to ensure products are rotated and sold within 12months. To aid in stock rotation candles have a packaged date on the bottom of the box.
If a customer has returned a product please contact us and provide photos within 7 days of receiving the return. Replacements will be given for faulty product. It is important that customers are aware of the candle care and safety information included in each product. Replacements will not be given for products that the customer has not used correctly.
Please make yourself familiar with how to correctly burn our candles so you can educate your customers.
- Trim your wicks to 5-10mm before lighting your candle each time. If your wick is too long it will flicker and smoke. If it is too short it will drown in the wax.
- Burn your candle long enough. You always need to burn your candle long enough for all the wax to melt across the top of the jar. This could take 1-2hrs. If you don't burn your candle until the wax melts across the top you will cause tunneling and you will be left with wax around the edges of the jar.
- Calmare candles are designed to be burned for a maximum of 3hrs at a time. If you burn for longer you risk the wicks drowning and the jar becoming too hot.
- To extinguish your candle gently blow the flame out, put the lid on or use a cloche. We use all cotton wicks in our candles so they will ball on the top. If you blow too hard you will blow the ball off and it will end up in your molten wax.
- Wait until your candle has re-solidified and trim the ball off the wick, keeping the wick to 5-10mm in length.
- If you find you have soot on the inside of your jar this could indicate your wick was too long, your candle was in a drafty area or you burnt your candle longer than the recommended time.
- When the jar is cool wipe soot off with a damp paper towel.
- Stop burning when there is 1cm of wax left in the jar.